- FOR STUDENTS
The Department of Architecture at Bilkent University invites applications for appointment at the ranks of Assistant and Associate Professors for Fall 2017-18 and/or starting Spring 2016-17. We seek to hire 2 Assistant Professors (research based tenure-track positions) and 1 practice-based position at the ranks of Assistant or Associate Professor.
The medium of education at Bilkent University is English. The department emphasizes cross-disciplinary approach to architecture scholarship, design and teaching. Faculty members are expected to engage in creative teaching, scholarly research, and service.
Qualifications for Assistant Professors (research based tenure-track positions):
1. Ph.D. degree in architecture or related fields
2. Strong research experience and publication record in “architectural technologies, computer applications, digital design and computation” or "architectural theory, history and criticism"
Qualifications for the practice-based position:
1. Ph.D. degree in architecture is preferred, but not a must
2. Strong portfolio
3. International publications
Candidates are expected to teach a lecture course in one of the following areas in addition to an architectural design studio:
- Architectural history, theory and criticism
- Building construction
- Building technologies, environmental systems
- Computer applications, digital design and computation
If you have any additional questions, you can contact Assoc. Prof. Meltem Gürel, Department Chair: